And then there were two

Sorry I haven’t posted any new content lately. I’ve been super busy.

I did manage to get this done though.

IMG_1063

This is V2 of the head and most likely the production version. The major changes are:

I now have the water exiting over each exhaust port and flowing into a central tube. This is the same way OSG and others do it. I opted to try and make it part of the casting to save the cost of making a separate water manifold. Plus it’s a really good example of how versatile 3D sand printing is. The outlet is designed to be ¬†tapped ¬† 1 1/4″ NPT but you could easily weld something on instead.

I added a rear sump for the oil to drain into the stock oil return. This will do away with the external drain tube that I’m currently using.

I bridged the rear cam tower boss and added a connecter between the back of the head and the tower. This is where the rear oil feed will go.

I redesigned the combustion area so that it has plenty of meat for those who want to get creative.

There are a ton of little changes that reflect things I ran into during the machining of the prototype.

 

Here is a great shot that shows 3 of the upgrades. The sump, the feeder boss and one of the water exit ports.

 

IMG_1060

 

Here is the combustion area. The sand is really rough because I went a little overboard blowing out the loose sand. It all get’s machined anyway.

 

IMG_1058

 

Water outlet and core print in the front of the tube. The core prints are designed to be tapped 3/4″ NPT so that one could be uses for a sensor.

IMG_1057

 

Now I just need to find time for the machine work

 

Thanks

Derek