Although I was really happy that I got a good casting the first time this meant I had nothing to practice on. I decided to do a plastic mockup so I could test out my valve angles. head bolt locations and intake and exhaust bolt holes
I decided to do the head with a 4Th axis instead of building fixtures. This can save a ton of time when you are prototyping.
I used the original 3D model to carve a single cylinder.
I carved the combustion chamber and drilled the spark plug hole. I then used that hole to locate where the cam towers needed to be mounted.
I then worked off of the rocker shafts to get the valves in the right spot.
As you can see it took a couple of tries to get it right. And that is why I did a mockup. We do it nice cuz we do it twice!
Valves ended up where I needed them to.